hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Bikas Saha <bi...@hortonworks.com>
Subject RE: AM timeout on RM failure?
Date Tue, 13 Aug 2013 02:38:34 GMT
We can fix it once we have an idea on how long RM takes to restart for
some large clusters. I am hoping it will be considerably shorter than 15
mins.

-----Original Message-----
From: Karthik Kambatla [mailto:kasha@cloudera.com]
Sent: Monday, August 12, 2013 11:38 AM
To: yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: AM timeout on RM failure?

The RMProxy code, by default, uses 15 minutes for connect.max-wait, but
the AM aborts trying to connect only after 20 mins. Wonder where the
additional
5 minutes comes from? Let me run it again and see.

Also, 15 minutes seems a little excessive, compared to other similar
timeouts being 10 mins. I can fix this as part of YARN-1056 if you agree
we should bring it down.

Thanks
Karthik