hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Jun Ping Du <...@vmware.com>
Subject Re: Algorithm of distribution Map and Reduce tasks at various topology of a network
Date Tue, 16 Jul 2013 13:14:43 GMT
Hi Костарев,
I don't think this issue relates to federation. It looks like a1 and a2 doesn't register to
RM successfully. It would helpful if you can share NodeManager's log to see what's wrong with
a1 and a2 nodes in registration.

Thanks,

Junping

----- Original Message -----

From: "Костарев А.Ф." <kaf@ics.perm.ru>
To: "Jun Ping Du" <jdu@vmware.com>
Cc: yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org
Sent: Tuesday, July 16, 2013 6:43:45 PM
Subject: Re: Algorithm of distribution Map and Reduce tasks at various topology of a network

Hi Jun Ping Du!
Do You use fedaration?

Our cluster works in federation mode. Today we launched tests again. Input file had size 600
Mb and size of block 6. So, there were 100 map tasks.
And we saw the same result: all map tasks were executed within one datacenter.

In web-interfaces of HDFS and YARN we saw different information. Page of HDFS contained information,
that there were 6 nodes in cluster, page of YARN said only ablout 3 nodes.
Screenshots and configuration files are attached.

What settings we need to change to execute tasks on all nodes?