hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.1.0-beta
Date Fri, 28 Jun 2013 19:25:44 GMT
I think it would very useful if somebody more familiar with HDFS
(Suresh?) could take a look at:

Suresh was very helpful in unblocking the client side of things, but
even after I followed his recommendations on the heap size, etc.
The NN still OOMs it just takes longer.

A quick look at the provided heap dump could help us understand
whether this is something serious or not.

This is the last bit that blocks the Bigtop side of things as far as
2.1 is concerned.

Thanks,
Roman.

On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 1:17 AM, Arun C Murthy <acm@hortonworks.com> wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I've created a release candidate (rc0) for hadoop-2.1.0-beta that I would like to get
released.

> This release represents a *huge* amount of work done by the community (639 fixes) which
includes several major advances including: