hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Arun C Murthy <...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Bringing Hadoop to Fedora
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2013 17:54:11 GMT
Tim,

 This is great! I'll take a look at some of these patches, welcome!

Arun

On Jun 11, 2013, at 8:54 AM, Tim St Clair wrote:

> Greetings Hadoop Development Community,
>
> As some of you are aware, we've been looking to bring the upstream 2.X series into the
Fedora channels.  We believe that there are several benefits that this can bring to the community:

> - Updated & streamlined rpm packaging
> - Deeper level of system integration
> - System managed dependencies (security + defect tracking)
> - Proving ground for OpenJDK7
> - Greater exposure for the community (both adoption and defect tracking)
>
> During our evaluation (https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Hadoop), we've come across
some build issues as they relate to Fedora packaging guidelines (http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Java).
 Most of these issues (listed below) are very minor dependency changes, and we were wondering
if there are folks who would be willing to review.

> fedora-patch-math: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-9594
> fedora-patch-collections: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-9610
> fedora-patch-cglib: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-9611
> fedora-patch-jersey: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-9613
> fedora-patch-jets3t: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-9623  (uber deprecated)
>
> There are other patches we have in the queue but they still need to be flushed out, and
in an effort to follow the KISS principles we figure this would be a good start.

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.