hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Arun C Murthy <...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Heads up: branch-2.1-beta
Date Tue, 04 Jun 2013 15:32:28 GMT
Folks,

 The vast majority of of the planned features and API work is complete, thanks to everyone
who contributed!

 I've created a branch-2.1-beta branch from which I anticipate I can make the first of our
beta releases very shortly.

 For now the remaining work is to wrap up loose ends i.e. last minute api work (e.g. YARN-759
showed up last night for consideration), bug-fixes etc.; then run this through a battery of
unit/system/integration tests and do a final review before we ship. There is more work remaining
on documentation (e.g. HADOOP-9517) and I plan to personally focus on it this week - obviously
help reviewing docs is very welcome.

 Committers, from now, please please exercise your judgement on where you commit. Typically,
features should go into branch-2 with 2.3.0 as the version on jira (fix-version 2.3.0 is ready).
The expectation is that 2.2.0 will be limited to content in branch-2.1-beta and we stick to
stabilizing it henceforth (I've deliberately not created 2.2.0 fix-version on jira yet).

thanks,
Arun