hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Konstantin Boudnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Heads up: moving from 2.0.4.1-alpha to 2.0.5-alpha
Date Fri, 31 May 2013 20:12:00 GMT
Indeed! The second part is happening on Saturday, JUN01 2013 1PM-2PM PST. 

On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 01:01PM, Alejandro Abdelnur wrote:
> Cos, just to be clear, this is happening SAT JUN01 1PM-2PM PST, not now
> (FRI MAY31 1PM PST). Correct?
> 
> Thx
> 
> On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 12:45 PM, Konstantin Boudnik <cos@apache.org> wrote:
> 
> > Guys,
> >
> > I will be performing some changes wrt to moving 2.0.4.1 release candidate
> > to
> > 2.0.5 space. As outline below by Alejandro:
> >
> > 1. I will create new 2.0.5-alpha branch from the current head of
> > 2.0.4-alpha
> > that contains 2.0.4.1 changes
> > 2. consequently, set the artifacts version on the new branch to be
> > 2.0.5-alpha
> > 3. the CHANGES.txt will be updated accordingly on the new 2.0.5 branch
> > 4. At this point I can cut an RC and put it out for re-vote. The staging
> > can
> > be done after the next two steps.
> >
> > I will be doing all these modifications in the next hour or so.
> >
> > Tomorrow at 1 pm PDT I would like to:
> > 1. update the version of the artifacts on branch-2 to become 2.1.0-SNAPSHOT
> > 2. update the CHANGES.txt in the trunk and branch-2 to reflect new version
> > names
> > 3. at this point it should safe to do the staging for 2.0.5-alpha RC
> >
> > To avoid any collisions during the last two steps - especially 2. - I would
> > ask everyone to hold off the modifications of the CHANGES.txt files on
> > trunk
> > and branch-2 between 1 pm and 2 pm PDT.
> >
> > Please let me know if you see any flaw above, questions.
> >   Cos
> >
> > > As we change from 2.0.4.1 to 2.0.5 you'll need to do the following
> > > housekeeping as you work the new RC.
> > >
> > > * rename the svn branch
> > > * update the versions in the POMs
> > > * update the CHANGES.txt in trunk, branch-2 and the release branch
> > > * change the current 2.0.5 version in JIRA to 2.1.0, create a new 2.0.5
> > > version, change the fix version of the 2 JIRAs that make the RC
> >
> > > I renamed 2.0.5-beta to 2.1.0-beta and 2.0.4.1-alpha to 2.0.5-alpha
> > versions
> > > in jira for HADOOP, HDFS, YARN & MAPREDUCE.
> >
> > > Please take care of the rest.
> >
> > > Also, in branch-2, the version should be 2.1.0-SNAPSHOT.
> >
> 
> 
> 
> -- 
> Alejandro

Mime
View raw message