hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Alejandro Abdelnur <t...@cloudera.com>
Subject serializing/deserializing wrapped protobuf generated classes
Date Mon, 20 May 2013 18:04:31 GMT
[I know it has been discussed before the need (or not) of having the
current wrappers hiding the protobuf generated classes].

I order to do things like AMs failover and checkpointing I need to
serialize app IDs, app attempt IDs, containers and/or IDs,  resource
requests, etc.

This means that the current wrapping hides the PB impl, thus hiding the
provided ser/deser capabilities.

I could force-cast a record to ProtoBase (which is private) and then get
the PROTO Message and then do the ser/deser with that.

But this, IMO, is a no no.

Thoughts?

Thanks

--