hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: job history server UI slowness
Date Wed, 27 Mar 2013 14:17:43 GMT
I don't think anyone has dug into it.  Are you running jobs at the same
time that you are looking at the history server? The history server is
configured by default to only hold 5 jobs in memory at any point in time.
If you are switching in between jobs there is the possibility that you are
reading the complete history file each time.  Also if you are running jobs
in the background the job client may be causing the history server to load
the job data so it might be pushing jobs out of the cache while you are
still looking at them on the UI. I don't think any of those are likely,
but they are something to be aware of. I would suggest that you try to dig
into it some and profile it to see what is going on.

--Bobby