hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From David Capwell <dcapw...@gmail.com>
Subject Mapping ResourceRequest to returned List<Container>
Date Tue, 12 Mar 2013 18:11:29 GMT
I had a question on working with yarn.  If I create a ResourceRequest with
numContainers = 10, do I have any way to map the containers returned
from getAllocatedContainers to the ResourceRequest?  One solution that I
was thinking about is saying that request 1 has id range 1-10 but that
would imply that when yarn returns the container that the id are sequential
based off the request, not allocated time.  So if I make request 1 and
request 2 but request 2 gets the resources first, what does container #1
map to?

thanks for your time reading this email.