hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From 张鹏 [米聊] <peng.zh...@xiaomi.com>
Subject Question about reclaim in capacity scheduler
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2013 02:18:22 GMT
Hi,

I found in hadoop 0.19 document, it says "These excess allocated resources can be reclaimed
and made available to another queue in order to meet its capacity guarantee.", and there is
a config called "mapred.capacity-scheduler.queue.<queue-name>.reclaim-time-limit".

But when I used yarn's capacity scheduler, I found that over allocated capacity cannot be
reclaimed when needed. So I want to know how capacity is guaranteed when elasticity is enabled.
Is this feature cut or still under developing?

Thanks

Best Regards,
Peng