hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: 答复: in security mode, one MR job visit two user's data
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2013 15:19:14 GMT
I think he is talking about using groups and read only permissions.

Once the table is loaded into hive you can make the files read only by a
group that both users share.  The Hadoop code is really not setup to allow
a single job to pretend to be more then one user.  You might be able to
fake it, but because the assumption has always been one user there are
likely to be other problems that you run into, even if you get the tokens
to work.  I think the preferable alternative would be to work for true
ACLs in HDFS.  Then you can set up an ACL to give read only access to the
table for the one user that needs it, and you don't have to set up a
special HDFS group for it.

--Bobby