hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Sangjin Lee <sjl...@gmail.com>
Subject JAVA_HOME on mac (regarding launch_container.sh)
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2013 22:59:48 GMT
I'm working on a MiniMRCluster-based unit tests, and I'm seeing that tests
consistently fail because launch_container.sh fails with exit code 127 due
to being unable to see JAVA_HOME in the script.

I tracked this a little bit, and I am seeing that subprocesses that are
launched via JDK's ProcessBuilder don't see JAVA_HOME on my mac. This is in
spite of JAVA_HOME set in my environment.

I see this is not an issue on a Linux machine. Also, I am not sure if this
problem exists on a real cluster set-up. Thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Sangjin