hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Matthieu Morel <matth...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Recommended way to kill an app?
Date Thu, 22 Nov 2012 14:07:26 GMT
Hello,

I am working with yarn 2.0.2-alpha.

I want to be able to properly terminate long running applications deployed on Yarn. However,
I can't see any tool to do that from the command line (something like "hadoop job -kill #jobid".
but for yarn). It's not clear to me how to do that programmatically either.

Is this left to the developer of the application master? Is there a recommended way?

Currently an option I see is to implement a callback from some notification in the application
master (e.g. a signal from ZooKeeper), terminate the launched container properly, through
the ContainerManager#stopContainer method. But there might be a more generic way?

I also noted that ClientRMProtocol#forceKillApplication does not properly kill spawned processes,
apart from the application master, at least when using MiniYarnCluster in tests.

Thanks for any suggestion or recommendation !

Matthieu