hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Arinto Murdopo <ari...@gmail.com>
Subject CONTAINER_FINISHED event when RMAppAttemptImpl is RECOVERING
Date Sat, 03 Nov 2012 13:55:31 GMT
Hi all,

We have this exception when we tried to resurrect ResourceManager using
ZKStore. We are using Hadoop version 2.0.2 Alpha RC2, with patch from
#YARN-128 issue (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/YARN-128).

org.apache.hadoop.yarn.state.InvalidStateTransitonException: Invalid event:
CONTAINER_FINISHED at RECOVERING
at
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.state.StateMachineFactory.doTransition(StateMachineFactory.java:301)
 at
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.state.StateMachineFactory.access$300(StateMachineFactory.java:43)
at
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.state.StateMachineFactory$InternalStateMachine.doTransition(StateMachineFactory.java:443)
 at
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.rmapp.attempt.RMAppAttemptImpl.handle(RMAppAttemptImpl.java:510)
at
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.rmapp.attempt.RMAppAttemptImpl.handle(RMAppAttemptImpl.java:83)
 at
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.ResourceManager$ApplicationAttemptEventDispatcher.handle(ResourceManager.java:442)
at
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.ResourceManager$ApplicationAttemptEventDispatcher.handle(ResourceManager.java:423)
 at
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.event.AsyncDispatcher.dispatch(AsyncDispatcher.java:126)
at
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.event.AsyncDispatcher$1.run(AsyncDispatcher.java:75)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

Inspecting RMAppAttemptImpl, we noticed that the state transition doesn't
handle CONTAINER_FINISHED event when it is in the RECOVERING state. So in
this case, what is the correct transition to handle CONTAINER_FINISHED
event when we are in RECOVERING state?

regards,

Arinto Murdopo
European Master in Distributed Computing (EMDC)
Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya · BarcelonaTech, Barcelona, Spain
KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden