hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Arun C Murthy <...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Specifying the host name to launch the Application Master
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2012 22:40:07 GMT
You are right, currently there is no way to do this.

However, it should be trivial to add a ResourceRequest to the ApplicationSubmissionContext
which is submitted to the RM from the client...

Do you, please, mind opening a jira to add this enhancement? Better yet, please provide a
patch [1] too! *smile*

thanks!
Arun

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HowToContribute

On Nov 19, 2012, at 12:11 PM, Vinayak Borkar wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I am in the process of writing an application to work with Yarn. In my application, I
would like to have the Application Master be launched on a particular host (at least while
testing). However, the ContainerLaunchContext interface only accepts a Resource that can specify
the amount of memory needed for the container. I do not see an interface like the ResourceRequest
that allows the specification of a host name to launch the container.

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.