hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Vinayak Borkar <vbo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Specifying the host name to launch the Application Master
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2012 20:11:58 GMT
Hi,

I am in the process of writing an application to work with Yarn. In my
application, I would like to have the Application Master be launched on
a particular host (at least while testing). However, the
ContainerLaunchContext interface only accepts a Resource that can
specify the amount of memory needed for the container. I do not see an
interface like the ResourceRequest that allows the specification of a
host name to launch the container.

Is there a way to get the Application Master to run on a specific host?

Thanks,
Vinayak