hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Sunil G <sun...@apache.org>
Subject Re: What does JobPriority mean?
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2017 02:04:14 GMT
Hi Benson,

Prior to 2.8 releases, YARN did not support priorities for its
applications. Currently user can specify priority (higher integer value
means higher priority) to its applications so that high priority apps could
get resources faster from scheduler (priority is applicable within a leaf
queue).

In case of MR, we kept the same labels though. And each of this label is
mapped to an integer like VERY_HIGH : 5;  HIGH : 4; NORMAL : 3; LOW : 2;
VERY_LOW : 1; DEFAULT : 0.

Apart from this labels, one can also specify an integer value to
mapreduce.job.priority property.
This means that mapreduce.job.priority = HIGH & mapreduce.job.priority  = 7
are valid.

- Sunil