hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Clay McDonald <stuart.mcdon...@bateswhite.com>
Subject Re: Problems installing Hadoop on Windows Server 2012 R2
Date Sat, 11 Nov 2017 20:15:01 GMT

So funny! Even Microsoft has moved on to Linux. All cloud servers are Linux and now all DotNet
has been ported over to Linux. We have started installing SQL Server on Linux. I've work on
Windows my whole career, but now I'm studying for my Linux Admin exam. Windows as a server
OS is starting to die out.

On Nov 11, 2017, at 12:08 PM, Dr. Tibor Kurina <tibor.kurina@gmail.com<mailto:tibor.kurina@gmail.com>>
wrote:

Exactly... ?
Why, for the HELL, You trying to install Hadoop on the windows...?

From: Pavel Drankov<mailto:titantins@gmail.com>
Sent: Saturday, November 11, 2017 18:06
Cc: user@hadoop.apache.org<mailto:user@hadoop.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Problems installing Hadoop on Windows Server 2012 R2

Hi,

Why are you trying to run it on Winodws? It is not recommended.

Best wishes,
Pavel

On 10 November 2017 at 04:44, Iv?n Galaviz <ivanovishado@gmail.com<mailto:ivanovishado@gmail.com>>
wrote:
Hi,
I'm having a lot of problems installing Hadoop on Windows Server 2012 R2,
I'm currently trying to install it with these programs:
JDK 8u151
Maven 3.5.2
ProtocolBuffer 2.5.0
Cmake 3.9.5
Cygwin 2.9.0
Visual Studio 2017
All of these are installed on a x64 computer
This was the last error I found:
     [exec]     Project "C:\hdp\hadoop-hdfs-project\hadoop-hdfs-native-client\target\native\CMakeFiles\3.9.5\VCTargetsPath.vcxproj"
on node 1 (default targets).
     [exec]     C:\Progra~2\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.Cpp.Current.targets(64,5):
error MSB4062: The "SetEnv" task could not be loaded from the assembly C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft
Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.Build.CppTasks.Common.dll.
Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Build.Utilities.Core, Version=15.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file
specified. Confirm that the <UsingTask> declaration is correct, that the assembly and
all its dependencies are available, and that the task contains a public class that implements
Microsoft.Build.Framework.ITask. [C:\hdp\hadoop-hdfs-project\hadoop-hdfs-native-client\target\native\CMakeFiles\3.9.5\VCTargetsPath.vcxproj]
     [exec]     Done Building Project "C:\hdp\hadoop-hdfs-project\hadoop-hdfs-native-client\target\native\CMakeFiles\3.9.5\VCTargetsPath.vcxproj"
(default targets) -- FAILED.

 As you can see, I'm having problems specially with VS.

Should I install older versions of these programs or something else?

Thank you in advance.