hadoop-user mailing list archives

From "Bible, Landy" <landy-bi...@utulsa.edu>
Subject Re: Problems installing Hadoop on Windows Server 2012 R2
Date Sun, 12 Nov 2017 01:45:16 GMT
I don't have anything useful to add, but years ago I did install the hdfs datanode service
on about 100 windows lab computers in order to reclaim gigabytes of wasted space and use it
for backup storage.

It may not be typical, but installing on Windows does have it's uses sometimes.

-Landy

Sent from Nine<http://www.9folders.com/>
________________________________
From: Alfonso Elizalde <elizalde.alfonso@gmail.com>
Sent: Nov 11, 2017 14:16
To: Clay McDonald
Cc: Dr. Tibor Kurina; Pavel Drankov; user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Problems installing Hadoop on Windows Server 2012 R2

What is windows? :)

> On Nov 11, 2017, at 2:15 PM, Clay McDonald <stuart.mcdonald@bateswhite.com> wrote:
>

> So funny! Even Microsoft has moved on to Linux. All cloud servers are Linux and now all
DotNet has been ported over to Linux. We have started installing SQL Server on Linux. I've
work on Windows my whole career, but now I'm studying for my Linux Admin exam. Windows as
a server OS is starting to die out.

> On Nov 11, 2017, at 12:08 PM, Dr. Tibor Kurina <tibor.kurina@gmail.com<mailto:tibor.kurina@gmail.com>>
wrote:

> Exactly... ?
> Why, for the HELL, You trying to install Hadoop on the windows...?

error MSB4062: The "SetEnv" task could not be loaded from the assembly C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft
Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.Build.CppTasks.Common.dll.
Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Build.Utilities.Core, Version=15.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file
specified. Confirm that the <UsingTask> declaration is correct, that the assembly and
all its dependencies are available, and that the task contains a public class that implements
Microsoft.Build.Framework.ITask. [C:\hdp\hadoop-hdfs-project\hadoop-hdfs-native-client\target\native\CMakeFiles\3.9.5\VCTargetsPath.vcxproj]