hadoop-user mailing list archives

From 孙锐 <rui....@tongdun.cn>
Subject How to add new journal nodes without service downtime?
Date Thu, 26 Oct 2017 03:05:45 GMT
HI, folks,

We are using Hadoop 2.6.0 (CDH version) with 3 journal nodes.  We want to add 2 more journal
nodes to the existing 3 ones. We tried to add nodes without service downtime according to
some posts in the community, but that seems not reliable. It seems that adding or moving journal
nodes requires downtime of the HDFS service. Is this correct?

Another question is that if one Journal node has been down or slow for some time (lag far
way behind other journal nodes),  can the journal node be brought back to work by simply
restarting it? Or  moving it to another machine is required?

It seems that operational guide for journal nodes is missing in the official documentation.

Thanks,

Ray