hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Rams Venkatesh <bigcher...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sqoop and kerberos ldap hadoop authentication
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2017 15:42:33 GMT
Yes it works. However this doesn't work with Microsoft SQL server

Sent from my iPhone

> On 7 Sep 2017, at 10:09, dna_29a <dna_29a@mail.ru.INVALID> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> I want to run sqoop jobs under kerberos authentication. If I have a ticket for local
Kerberos user (local KDC and user exists as linux user on each host), sqoop works fine. Also,
Kerberos uses cross-realm trust and accept Active Directory authentication. In this case,
if I got ticket fot AD KDC user, sqoop jobs fails with message "User xxx not found". That
means that AD user does not exist on each host of hadoop. After creating user on each host
it work fine.

> In order to perform SSO principe and not to have a headache mantaining thouthand of users
on hadoop hosts, is it possible to configure Sqoop to work with Active Directory KDC users?