hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Hilmi Egemen Cirito─člu <hilmi.egemen.cirito...@gmail.com>
Subject Replication Factor Details
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2017 11:31:36 GMT
Hi guys,

I spend my time to read too much about setting replication factor as well
as block placement so far. But I still wonder how setrep command is working
behind in the code.

I am looking for answer to following questions:

What if you have one rack and increase and decrease replication factor, is
it block distribution will be randomised or based on disk usage etc.
(except or after rack-awareness issue) ?

And what if I have 5 rack and replication factor 4 ? I am looking for
corner case to understand completely.

I would be really appreciated if you can answer my question and explain
code side bit more too.

Regards,
Egemen