hadoop-user mailing list archives

From "Ravuri, Venkata Puneet" <vrav...@ea.com>
Subject Re: Recommendation for Resourcemanager GC configuration
Date Tue, 29 Aug 2017 16:29:50 GMT
Hi Naga, Ravi,

We have lots of small applications running on the cluster. We use Java 8 and Hadoop version
2.7.3.
Resourcemanager is running on 40GB heap with NewRatio set to 3. We store 100,000 completed
apps in memory (max-completed-apps).
Tenured space occupies ~28 GB after a full GC. Is this footprint expected for 100,000 apps?

We did try CMS before with 70% occupancy fraction, there were ‘promotion failures’ that
ended up in stop the world.

Regards,
Puneet

From: Naganarasimha Garla <naganarasimha_gr@apache.org>
Date: Wednesday, August 23, 2017 at 5:23 PM
To: Ravi Prakash <ravihadoop@gmail.com>
Cc: "Ravuri, Venkata Puneet" <vravuri@ea.com>, "common-user@hadoop.apache.org" <user@hadoop.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Recommendation for Resourcemanager GC configuration

Hi Puneet,

Along with the heap dump details, I would also like to know the version of the Hadoop-Yarn
being used, size of the cluster, all Memory configurations, and JRE version.
Also if possible can you share the rational behind the choice for Parallel GC collector over
others (CMS or G1) ?

Regards,
+ Naga

On Thu, Aug 24, 2017 at 2:54 AM, Ravi Prakash <ravihadoop@gmail.com<mailto:ravihadoop@gmail.com>>