hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Nishant Verma <nishant.verma0...@gmail.com>
Subject Install a hadoop cluster manager for open source hadoop 2.7.3
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2017 12:31:26 GMT
Hello,

I have a 5 node hadoop cluster installed on AWS EC2 instances. I have
installed open source hadoop 2.7.3 version.

I am now trying to setup a cluster manager for this. I tried setting up
Ambari. I followed the steps present in
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/Installation+Guide+for+Ambari+2.5.1
for building Ambari from source. But I am stuck with multiple build
failures at ambari-agenet and ambari-metrics step.

Dont we have binaries available for Ambari to be used on top of open source
hadoop clusters?

I followed the Ambari repository download options from
https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari-2.2.0.0/bk_ambari_reference_guide/content/_download_the_ambari_repo.html
and was able to start postgres and ambari-server. And getting errors while
starting ambari-agents on my namenode and datanodes. I am afraid if this
was the right approach to download the repos from this link for my case.

Any insight or help would benefit me.

Regards
Nishant