hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Traiano Welcome <trai...@gmail.com>
Subject FATAL mapred.MesosScheduler: Failed to initialize the TaskScheduler
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2017 18:11:09 GMT
Hi List

I'm working on configuring hadoop to use the mesos scheduler, using the
procedure outlined in "Apache Mesos Essentials" here:

https://pastebin.com/y1ERJZqq

Currently I've a 3 node mesos cluster, with an HDFS namenode communicating
successfully with two HDFS data nodes. However, when I try to start up the
jobtracker it fails with the following error:

17/07/22 18:44:38 FATAL mapred.MesosScheduler: Failed to initialize
the TaskScheduler
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobQueueTaskScheduler

Some more context around the error:

 17/07/22 18:44:38 INFO mapred.CompletedJobStatusStore: Completed job
store is inactive
 17/07/22 18:44:38 FATAL mapred.MesosScheduler: Failed to initialize
the TaskScheduler
 java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobQueueTaskScheduler

    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:347)
    at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:312)
    at   org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MesosScheduler.start(MesosScheduler.java:160)
    at    org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobTracker.offerService(JobTracker.java:2186)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobTracker.main(JobTracker.java:4548)
17/07/22 18:44:38 INFO mapred.JobTracker: SHUTDOWN_MSG:

Is there some way I could debug this further to trace the root cause of
this error?

Here is a full paste of the debug output when starting up the jobtracker:

 https://pastebin.com/a61wN4vQ

Many thanks for any help!

Traiano