hadoop-user mailing list archives

From had...@x5h.eu
Subject Access to yarn application log files for different user or group
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2017 10:07:24 GMT
Hello,

I currently try to access the application log files from yarn
automatically. Yarn produces log files in the folder
/userlogs/applicationid/containerid/*.log. The problem I have is, that
the generated application and container directories are constructed with
a specific umask (067) that I can't seem to change. If I set acl the log
files get the correct permission but the directories stay the same. It
seems that the process that creates the application log directories uses
a mask::--x and therefore overrules my acl.

I want to automatically comb through the log directories but with these
default permissions set by hadoop I can't.

What do I have to change so that the log directories log for
applications are readable for a specific group or user on that system?

Cheers,

Manfred.