hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Brian Jeltema <bdjelt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: reconfiguring storage
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2017 14:23:34 GMT
I prefer to decommission - reconfigure - recommission.

If hdfs is configured to use volumes at /hdfs-1, /hdfs-2 and /hdfs-3, can I just delete the
entire
contents of those volumes before recommissioning?

> On Jul 6, 2017, at 12:29 PM, daemeon reiydelle <daemeonr@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Another option is to stop the node's relevant Hadoop services (including e.g spark, impala,
etc. if applicable), move the existing local storage, mount the desired file system, and move
the data over. Then just restart hadoop. As long as this does not take too long, you don't
have write consistency that forces that shard to be written, etc. you will be fine.