hadoop-user mailing list archives

From "omprakash" <ompraka...@cdac.in>
Subject Namenode not able to come out of SAFEMODE
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2017 04:12:25 GMT
Hi all,

I have a setup of 3 node Hadoop cluster(Hadoop-2.8.0). I have deployed 2
namenodes that are configured in HA mode using QJM. 2 datanodes are
configured on the same machine where namenode are installed. 3rd node is
used for quorum purpose only.

Setup

Node1 -> nn1, dn1, jn1, zkfc1, zkServer1

Node2 -> nn2, dn2, jn2, zkfc2, zkServer2

Node3 -> jn3,  zkServer3

I stopped the cluster for some reason(power recycled the servers)  and since
them I am not able to start the cluster successfully. After examining the
logs I found that the namenodes are in safe mode and none of them are able
to load the block in memory. Below is the status of namenode from namenode
UI.

Safe mode is ON. The reported blocks 0 needs additional 6132675 blocks to
reach the threshold 0.9990 of total blocks 6138814. The number of live
datanodes 0 has reached the minimum number 0. Safe mode will be turned off
automatically once the thresholds have been reached.

61,56,984 files and directories, 61,38,814 blocks = 1,22,95,798 total
filesystem object(s).

Heap Memory used 5.6 GB of 7.12 GB Heap Memory. Max Heap Memory is 13.33 GB.

Non Heap Memory used 45.19 MB of 49.75 MB Commited Non Heap Memory. Max Non
Heap Memory is 130 MB.

I have tried increasing the HADOOP_HEAPSIZE, increasing the heap size in
HADOOP_NAMENODE_OPTS but no success.

Need help.

Regards

Omprakash Paliwal

HPC-Medical and Bioinformatics Applications Group

Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC)

Pune University campus,

PUNE-411007

Maharashtra, India

email:omprakashp@cdac.in

Contact : +91-20-25704231

[ C-DAC is on Social-Media too. Kindly follow us at:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CDACINDIA & Twitter: @cdacindia ]