hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Brahma Reddy Battula <brahmareddy.batt...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Any ideas when Hadoop 3 will become final?
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2017 15:41:48 GMT
Tentative dates are mentioned in following link, it might be available mid of August-2017.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HADOOP/Hadoop+3.0.0+release

Hadoop 3.0.0 release - Hadoop - Apache Software Foundation<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HADOOP/Hadoop+3.0.0+release>
cwiki.apache.org
Release schedule. For Hadoop 3, we are planning to "release early, release often" to quickly
iterate on feedback collected from downstream projects.

-Brahma Reddy Battula

________________________________
From: Jasson Chenwei <ynjassionchen@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, June 13, 2017 6:11 AM
To: Karthik Shyamsunder
Cc: user
Subject: Re: Any ideas when Hadoop 3 will become final?

Good one. I also want to know!! Also, are there any efforts to make projects (e.g., Hive and
Spark) in Hadoop-eco to be compatible with Hadoop-3.0 ?

Thanks,

Wei

On Sat, Jun 10, 2017 at 5:58 AM, Karthik Shyamsunder <karthik.shyamsunder@gmail.com<mailto:karthik.shyamsunder@gmail.com>>
wrote:
Folks,

Any ideas when Hadoop 3 will become final? Its currently Hadoop 3.0.0 alpah3.  Are we looking
at 2017 or 2018 for GA?  Please advise.

Sincerely,

Karthik