hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Hariharan <hariharan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Why hdfs don't have current working directory
Date Fri, 26 May 2017 10:40:41 GMT
The concept of working directory is only useful for processes, and HDFS
does not have executables. I guess what you're looking for is absolute vs
relative paths (so that you can do something like hdfs cat foo instead of
hdfs cat /user/me/foo). HDFS does have this to a limited extent - if your
path is not absolute, it is relative from your home directory (or root if
there is no home directory for your user).

Thanks,
Hariharan

On Fri, May 26, 2017 at 3:44 PM, Sidharth Kumar <sidharthkumar2707@gmail.com