hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Stathis Maneas <jamezgre...@gmail.com>
Subject Apache HDFS - Bug Detection/Memory Debugger Tools
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2017 21:29:29 GMT
Dear all,

I would like to kindly ask whether Apache makes use of any bug finding tools, memory debugger,
or source code analysis programs in general. Based on the project’s
dependencies, I can observe that the developers of the system make use of FindBugs in order
to detect bugs in the source code. I am interested in finding out whether
developers make use of any other similar program or tool, in order to detect errors inside
the source code and/or also detect potential memory leaks.

I am particularly interested in Apache HDFS, since I am currently studying the primary causes
of bugs in the implementation of Apache’s distributed file system.

Kind regards,
Stathis