hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Gopi Krishnan <gopikrishnan.namb...@gmail.com>
Subject Logging garbage collection metrics into yarn nodemanager application log directory for mappers in Hadoop
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2016 00:36:41 GMT
What is the correct way to log garbage collection metrics into the same
location where yarn syslogs/stderr and stdout logs are located for mappers
in Hadoop Yarn. Any insights wold be helpful:

Here are the setting I tried in mapred-site.xml, but no gc logs were
available in the location ${yarn.nodemanager.log-dirs}/application_${appid}
and I did not find any logs pointing out issues for the same:

<value>-Xloggc:${yarn.nodemanager.log-dirs}/application_${appid}/gc-@taskid@.log
-verbose:gc -XX:+PrintGC -XX:+PrintGCDetails -XX:+PrintGCDateStamps
-XX:+PrintCommandLineFlags</value> </property>