hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Wei-Chiu Chuang <weic...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to distcp data between two clusters which are not in the same local network?
Date Mon, 15 Aug 2016 13:56:00 GMT
Hello,
if I understand your question correctly, you are actually building a
multi-home Hadoop, correct?
Multi-homed Hadoop cluster can be tricky to set up, to the extend that
Cloudera does not recommend it. I've not set up a multihome Hadoop cluster
before, but I think you have to make sure the reverse resolution works for
the IP addresses.

https://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.7.2/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-hdfs/HdfsMultihoming.html