hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Rohith Sharma K S <ksrohithsha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Issue with Hadoop Job History Server
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2016 07:17:33 GMT
MR jobs and JHS should have same configurations for done-dir if configured. Otherwise staging-dir
should be same for both. Make sure both Job and JHS has same configurations value.

Usually what would happen is , MRApp writes job file in one location and HistoryServer trying
to read from different location. This causes, JHS to display empty jobs.

Thanks & Regards
Rohith Sharma K S

> On Aug 18, 2016, at 12:35 PM, Gao, Yunlong <dg.gaoyunlong@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> To whom it may concern,
>
> I am using Hadoop 2.7.1.2.3.6.0-3796, with the Hortonworks distribution of HDP-2.3.6.0-3796.
I have a question with the Hadoop Job History sever.

> After I set up everything, the resource manager/name nodes/data nodes seem to be running
fine. But the job history server is not working correctly.  The issue with it is that the
UI of the job history server does not show any jobs.  And all the rest calls to the job history
server do not work either. Also notice that there is no logs in HDFS under the directory of
"mapreduce.jobhistory.done-dir"

> I have tried with different things, including restarting the job history server and monitor
the log -- no error/exceptions is observed. I also rename the /hadoop/mapreduce/jhs/mr-jhs-state
for the state recovery of job history server, and then restart it again, but no particular
error happens. I tried with some other random stuff that I borrowed from online blogs/documents
but got no luck.