hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Wei-Chiu Chuang <weic...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Teradata into hadoop Migration
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2016 15:29:13 GMT
Hi,

I think Cloudera Navigator Optimizer is the tool you are looking for. It allows you to transform
SQL queries (TD) into Impala and Hive.
http://blog.cloudera.com/blog/2015/11/introducing-cloudera-navigator-optimizer-for-optimal-sql-workload-efficiency-on-apache-hadoop/
<http://blog.cloudera.com/blog/2015/11/introducing-cloudera-navigator-optimizer-for-optimal-sql-workload-efficiency-on-apache-hadoop/>
Hope this doesn’t sound like a sales pitch. If you’re a Cloudera paid customer you should
reach out to the account/support team for more information.

*disclaimer: I work for Cloudera

Wei-Chiu Chuang
A very happy Clouderan

> On Aug 4, 2016, at 10:50 PM, Rakesh Radhakrishnan <rakeshr@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Sorry, I don't have much insight about this apart from basic Sqoop. AFAIK, it is more
of vendor specific, you may need to dig more into that line.

> Thanks,
> Rakesh
>
> On Mon, Aug 1, 2016 at 11:38 PM, Bhagaban Khatai <email.bhagaban@gmail.com <mailto:email.bhagaban@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> Thanks Rakesh for the useful information. But we are using sqoop for data transfer but
all TD logic we are implementing thru Hive.
> But it's taking time by using mapping provided by TD team and the same logic we are implementing.
>
> What I want some tool or ready-made framework so that development effort would be less.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.
>
> Bhagaban
>
> On Mon, Aug 1, 2016 at 6:07 PM, Rakesh Radhakrishnan <rakeshr@apache.org <mailto:rakeshr@apache.org>>
wrote:
> Hi Bhagaban,
>
> Perhaps, you can try "Apache Sqoop" to transfer data to Hadoop from Teradata. Apache
Sqoop provides an efficient approach for transferring large data between Hadoop related systems
and structured data stores. It allows support for a data store to be added as a so-called
connector and can connect to various databases including Oracle etc.