hadoop-user mailing list archives

From pingalesant...@gmail.com
Subject Re: Windows and Linux hadoop cluster
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2016 14:54:01 GMT
For "trial" it should just work but for production maintaining multiple environment will be
painful. This holds true not only for Hadoop but for languages such as python(in case you
use it as a programming language). Not all Additional Hadoop components can run natively on
windows.

> On 20-Jul-2016, at 8:13 PM, Ashish Kumar9 <ashishk4@in.ibm.com> wrote:
>
> I have tried heterogeneous hadoop 2.6 cluster across multiple linux distros and h/w architecture
( x86_64,ppc64le,aarc64) and it worked . I did not see any technical challenge .

> From:        Alexander Alten-Lorenz <wget.null@gmail.com>
> To:        Prachi Sharma <prachi.sharma0202.ps@gmail.com>, "user@hadoop.apache.org"
<user@hadoop.apache.org>
> Date:        07/20/2016 04:42 PM
> Subject:        RE: Windows and Linux hadoop cluster
>

> Hi,
>
> That should be possible, but will have performance impacts / additional configurations
and potential misbehavior. But in general, it should work for Yarn, but not for MRv1.
> https://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.7.2/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-site/SecureContainer.html
>
> cheers,
>  --alex
>
> --

on multiple Operating systems. For instance few data nodes running on windows server and others
on linux based OS (RHEL,centOS).

> If above scenario is feasible then please provide configuration settings required in
various xml files(hdfs-site.xml,core-site.xml,mapred-site.xml,yarn-site.xml) and environment
files(hadoop-env.sh/hadoop-cmd.sh) for windows and linux data nodes and namenode.