hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Rakesh Radhakrishnan <rake...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Error in Hbase backup from secure to normal cluster.
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2016 12:43:44 GMT
Hi,

Hope you are executing 'distcp' command from the secured cluster. Are you
executing the command from a non-super user? Please explain me the
command/way you are executing to understand, how you are entering "entered
super user credentials" and -D command line args.

Also, please share your hdfs-site.xml, core-site.xml configurations.

Have you modified any of these configurations or passed as -D command line
args.

In core-site.xml on the secure cluster side:
<property>
  <name>ipc.client.fallback-to-simple-auth-allowed</name>
</property>

In hdfs-site.xml on the secure cluster side:
<property>
  <name>dfs.permissions.superusergroup</name>
  <description>This is by default set to an arbitrary string "superuser",
which is
    mostly a non existing group on most (all?) environments. Changing this
    and/or creating such a group name on the NN machine will let you
    permit more users to act as superusers, if needed.
 </description>
</property>

Again, I'd suggest you to post this problem to the hbase user mailing list
to know any specific configurations from HBase side.

Regards,
Rakesh