hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Rakesh Radhakrishnan <rakeshr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Failed to start namenode.
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2016 17:11:28 GMT
Hi,

Could you please check kerberos principal name is specified correctly in
"hdfs-site.xml", which is used to authenticate against Kerberos. If using
_HOST variable in hdfs-site.xml, ensure that hostname is getting resolved
and it matches with the principal name.

If keytab file defined in "hdfs-site.xml" is not present you will see this
error. So, please verify the path and the keytab filename correctly
configured.

Also, did you verify manual kinit using the principal name and keytab. Is
that working for you?

Please share "hdfs-site.xml" config file to know more about your
configurations.

Regards,
Rakesh