hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Gagan Brahmi <gaganbra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop/HDFS/POSIX
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2016 16:18:37 GMT
AFAIK the major difference include the simplified Coherency model
<https://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.7.1/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-hdfs/HdfsDesign.html#Simple_Coherency_Model>
in HDFS.

The other one is the file permissions. The read (r), write (w) & execute
(x) works the same way for directories in HDFS like a POSIX file system.
But for the  files, execute permission is ignored in HDFS since you can't
really execute a file in HDFS.

HTH

Regards,
Gagan Brahmi