hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject i686 support
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2016 19:35:40 GMT
Hi,

Is i686 a supported arch by the upstream Hadoop developers? I'm trying to
package hadoop RPMs for Fedora (reviving somebody else's previous efforts),
and can't get things to build on i686. Is this normal? Does upstream care
about 32-bit users? What about release testing on i686?

I normally wouldn't care about 32-bit, but Fedora packaging standards
encourage me to get it to work for all core architectures supported by
Fedora.

Has anybody else done any 32-bit packaging that could help me troubleshoot?
I don't even own 32-bit hardware. (Even better if you want to help
co-maintain Hadoop in Fedora.. that would be awesome).