hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Aneela Saleem <ane...@platalytics.com>
Subject Configure Hadoop Kerberos to authenticate LDAP users
Date Sun, 19 Jun 2016 09:07:36 GMT
Hi all,

I have configured Kerberos on Hadoop cluster which successfully
authenticates users that reside in Kerberos database. Now i want to make
Hadoop Kerberos to authenticate LDAP users directly instead of local users.
I've been looking it for days but didn't find the correct direction. I
followed this
<http://web.mit.edu/kerberos/krb5-1.13/doc/admin/advanced/ldapbackend.html#ldap-be-ubuntu>
but
this only adds he principals to LDAP (i don't want this) but i just need to
authenticate already existing LDAP users while accessing Hadoop through
Kerberos. I also considered this
<http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.4.2/bk_Security_Guide/content/kerb-oneway-trust.html>
but
i don't know how to do this on my ubuntu machine. Suitable response and
guidance would be highly appreciated.

Thanks