hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Rohith Sharma K S <rohithsharm...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: Securely discovering Application Master's metadata or sending a secret to Application Master at submission
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2016 06:15:08 GMT
Hi

Do you know how I can extend the client interface of the RPC port?
>>> YARN provides YARNClIent library that uses ApplicationClientProtocol. For your
more understanding refer https://hadoop.apache.org/docs/stable/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-site/WritingYarnApplications.html#Writing_a_simple_Client

I know AM has some endpoints exposed through the RPC port for internal YARN communications,
but was not sure how I can extend it to expose a custom endpoint.
>>> I am not sure what you mean here internal YARN communication? AM can connect
to RM only via AM-RM interface for register/unregister and heartbeat and details sent to RM
are limited.  It is up to the AM’s to expose client interface for providing metadata.
Thanks & Regards
Rohith Sharma K S