hadoop-user mailing list archives

From "Cecile, Adam" <Adam.Cec...@hitec.lu>
Subject NameNode HA from a client perspective
Date Wed, 04 May 2016 06:34:14 GMT
Hello All,

I'd like to have a piece of advice regarding how my HDFS clients should handle the NameNode
high availability feature.
I have a complete setup running with ZKFC and I can see one active and one standby NameNode.
When I kill the active one, the standy gets active and when the original one get back online
it turns into a standby node, perfect.

However I'm not sure how my client apps should handle this, a couple of ideas:
* Handle the bad HTTP code from standby node to switch to the other one
* Integrate Zookeeper client to query for the current active node
* Hack something like a shared-ip linked to the active node

Then I'll have to handle a switch that may occurs during the execution of a client app: should
I just crash and rely on the cluster to restart the job.

Thanks in advance,

Best regards from Luxembourg.?