hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Dmitry Sivachenko <trtrmi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: distcp fails with "source and target differ in block-size"
Date Sat, 21 May 2016 06:34:09 GMT

> On 21 May 2016, at 02:15, Chris Nauroth <cnauroth@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Dmitry,
>
> MAPREDUCE-5065 has been included in these branches for a long time.  Are
> you certain that you passed a dfs.blocksize equal to what was used in the
> source files?  Did all source files use the same block size?

No, I am sure that I use -D dfs.blocksize=DifferentThanSourceBlockSize (I want to change it
during the copy).

I am not sure that all source files use the same block size (there are thousands of them),
but it is probably wrong to report error when I use distcp to change block size?  SInce it
is well-documented way for changing block size.

Sorry if I am missing something.