hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Hadoop Raj <hadoop...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Trying to build a cluster at home
Date Sun, 27 Mar 2016 00:58:22 GMT
Hi -
I am trying to install CDH 5 on CentOS 7.2 .
The compatibility as per the cloudera notes is allowed 7.1.
But can I try installing on 7.2 because my cluster of 3 nodes has the 7.2 version.
Please advise.
Regards,
Rajendra

Sent from my iPhone

> On Mar 25, 2016, at 10:49 AM, Anu Engineer <aengineer@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Raj,
>
> The instructions for setting up a Hadoop cluster from Apache releases are here. https://hadoop.apache.org/docs/stable/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-common/ClusterSetup.html
> Please let us know if the instructions are not clear.
>
> If you want to eventually use this for production purposes, may I suggest that you use
branch-2 instead of trunk, since trunk is where we have active development going on.
> If you would like  to use one of the distributions like Hortonworks or Cloudera, you
would find appropriate instructions in the vendor website.

> Thanks
> Anu
>

> From: Raj Hadoop <hadoopraj@yahoo.com.INVALID>
> Date: Friday, March 25, 2016 at 10:26 AM
> To: User Hadoop <user@hadoop.apache.org>
> Subject: Trying to build a cluster at home
>
> Hi,
>
> I have three CentOS laptop's at home and I have decided to build a hadoop cluster on
these. I have a switch and a router to setup.