hadoop-user mailing list archives

From "Naganarasimha G R (Naga)" <garlanaganarasi...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: YARN Fair Scheduler - Queue Label Policies
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2016 14:53:27 GMT
Hi David,

Labels are not yet supported in Fair Scheduler.

Regards,
+ Naga
________________________________
From: David Fox [dafox7777777@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 08, 2016 20:08
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: YARN Fair Scheduler - Queue Label Policies

Hello,

We have heteregenous hadoop cluster and need to run some mapreduce jobs on specific nodes
(with appropriate HW). We are using currently YARN with Fair Scheduler to provide each user
with fair share of resources. Same way there should be one queue for run jobs on dedicated/labeled
nodes only.

We have not found on hadoop documentation website how to configuref Fair Scheduler for node
labels, but only for Capacity Scheduler. (https://hadoop.apache.org/docs/stable/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-site/NodeLabel.html)

Is it possible to use node labels and queue label policy for Fair Scheduler?
Do you have some experiance with similar configuration?

Thanks