hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Chris Nauroth <cnaur...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: build hadoop source code errors
Date Fri, 06 Nov 2015 18:01:13 GMT
I filed HADOOP-12557 to track this change.  Let's take further discussion there.

Zheng, please feel free to assign this to yourself if you'd like to work on it.  I'd suggest
that we add a line in BUILDING.txt after the "Use -Pdocs to generate..." line, mentioning
that the FINDBUGS_HOME environment variable must be defined, pointing to the base directory
of the Findbugs installation.

For a documentation patch like this, you'll still follow the same procedure from the wiki
page for generating a patch, attaching it to the JIRA, and then clicking the Submit Patch
button to trigger pre-commit checks.  No further testing beyond that is required.  Committers
will verify it through code review.

--Chris Nauroth

From: Zheng Huang <bupthz@gmail.com<mailto:bupthz@gmail.com>>
Date: Friday, November 6, 2015 at 12:57 AM
To: "user@hadoop.apache.org<mailto:user@hadoop.apache.org>" <user@hadoop.apache.org<mailto:user@hadoop.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: build hadoop source code errors

the doc is very useful for me ,But have some questions ,
  1  where BUILD.txt should be  modify,
  2   if modified  BUILD.txt, then have a patch  file ,how to test this patch?

On Nov 6, 2015, at 14:59, Chris Nauroth <cnauroth@hortonworks.com<mailto:cnauroth@hortonworks.com>>
wrote:

I'm glad to hear it helped.

This page describes the contribution process.

https://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HowToContribute

For a documentation-only patch on BUILDING.txt, the process would be simplified, because a
few steps like unit tests won't be applicable.

--Chris Nauroth