hadoop-user mailing list archives

From David Villegas <dvill...@gmail.com>
Subject CPU isolation with cgroups and RHEL 6
Date Tue, 17 Nov 2015 16:12:03 GMT
Hi all,

We are running some benchmarks (in the order of 1TB of data) while enabling
CPU isolation using cgroups in YARN containers. However, we are often
hitting kernel panics in RHEL 6 with kernel 2.6.32-504.el6.x86_64. We've
tried using RHEL 7 and so far we haven't hit the same issues.

Has anyone else seen this? I found some people are experiencing similar
problems (YARN-4048), so I wonder if there's any kind of consensus about
ditching RHEL / CentOS 6 for this type of setup and just supporting v7, or
if it is possible to make it work with some tweaking.

Regards,
David Villegas.