hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Bikas Saha <bi...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Does MapReduceApplicationMaster prevents data node from spawning YarnChild?
Date Tue, 17 Nov 2015 19:40:07 GMT
You can check for “yarn.app.mapreduce.am.resource.mb” in your configs. Its default is 1.5GB
and other MR task defaults are 1GB.

From: darekg11 [mailto:darekg11@tlen.pl]
Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2015 11:34 AM
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: RE: Does MapReduceApplicationMaster prevents data node from spawning YarnChild?

Thank You very much, will check but the problem is that machines aren't really powerful -
only 2GB of RAM and 2xCore each at 3.3GHz.
Do You maybe know approx value of required resources for AppMaster? And can we check current
resource consumption of AppMaster?

Dnia 17 listopada 2015 18:40 Bikas Saha <bikas@apache.org <mailto:bikas@apache.org>
> napisał(a):

No. In general App Masters and their containers can be launched on any machine and both can
be launched on the same machine.

If your case happens repeatedly then you could check the RM UI, while the job is running,
to see the maximum resource on a node manager and the resource currently assigned. Perhaps
your node managers don’t have enough resources to run multiple containers?