hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Jingfei Hu <jingfei...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: GSSException: No valid credentials provided (Mechanism level: Failed to find any Kerberos credentails)
Date Thu, 22 Oct 2015 15:19:36 GMT
Hi Gaurav,
ON which machine I should install the Kerberos client libraries?
On which machine I execute the kinit command?
Can't users just provide a username and password whenever He/She needs access a hdfs using
webhdfs? In most cases, people have no or little knowledge about the kinit command.  Is my
understanding right?
Thanks,Jingfei
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 17:33:14 +0530
Subject: Re: GSSException: No valid credentials provided (Mechanism level: Failed to find
any Kerberos credentails)
From: gauravkumar37@gmail.com
To: user@hadoop.apache.org

Hi,

Assuming you have Kerberos client libraries installed on your machine and that you have the
correct configuration to point to the Kerberos KDC.
You'll need to first do a kinit to authenticate to the Kerberos KDC and then when you do a
curl you'll no longer see the error.
At any time you can check your active tokens by executing klist -e

Best Regards,
Gaurav Kumar
Big Data • Data Science • Photography • Music
+91 9953294125